The App method is the best method for adding a Facebook account. It is safer, more relevant, and works 100% of the time: no errors, no chance of being blocked by Facebook. You can get permission to share posts on your managed groups and own pages. Facebook does not officially allow users to share posts on member groups, and account using the Facebook Apps. Read more about the announcement.
Firstly, you should create your personal Facebook App, and send it to the review. It may take some days to be approved. After approval, you can add your account using your personal App.
For creating personal Facebook App, and sending it to the review, please follow these steps:
You need to have the manage_pages, publish_pages, publish_to_groups, Groups API permissions for the lower version of Facebook API (<7.0).
Here is a sample detail for the review form. Add your website URLs and change screenshots to your own App:
Website: "type the URL of your website"
Testing login: "type a username of your website"
Testing password: "type the password for the username"
I need the App to share my blog posts on Facebook. I add my App to a plugin, and the plugin uses the Facebook API to share my posts on my Facebook pages and groups. To see how pages_manage_posts, pages_read_engagement, publish_to_groups, Groups API permissions are used in my App:
1. Navigate to "type your FS Poster App tab URL on your website"
2. Click the Add an App button and add the App: http://prntscr.com/tzdkw2
3. Then add a Facebook account to the plugin using a Facebook API. Head to Accounts > Facebook menu, and Click to the ADD AN ACCOUNT button: http://prntscr.com/txkboa
4. Select the App method, select the unapproved App (My FS Poster App), and click the ADD button: https://prnt.sc/u2xahm
5. Then, the plugin redirects you to the Facebook authorization page.
6. After authorizing your Facebook account, your pages and groups will be added to the plugin.
7. Now, if I publish a new blog post, the plugin will share it for me: http://prntscr.com/txoii5
The post shared on the group: http://prntscr.com/txo0ig
and the page: http://prntscr.com/txolea
When your App is approved, you will be able to add many accounts and enjoy all the features of the Facebook App:
After adding your account, you need to add your App to the group settings to share posts on your managed groups. Go to your group > click More button > Edit Group settings > Add apps. Search your app name. Do not confuse other apps with your App. The sample app belongs to us.
You can set the plugin to share your post as link card view or upload your images. If your images are not visible on the link card view, you can debug your website on the Facebook developer page to see the reason.