How To Auto-publish And Schedule WordPress Posts To Instagram
Option 1: Use the Cookie method to add your account to the plugin;
Option 2: Use the login&pass method to add your account to the plugin;
Option 3: Use the App method to add your account to the plugin.
Before adding your account to the plugin, we need to know some Instagram rules:
1. You have three options to add your accounts. The cookie method is recommended unless you want to have links on your story image. If you do not need to have links on your story image, use the cookie method;
2. If you want to share links on stories, you need to add your accounts using the login&password method;
3. You can Pin Instagram posts using the login&password method;
4. If you use the cookie and login&password, you need to obey Instagram rules: try to use old accounts, do not spam, do not share very frequently, do not use URL-shorteners, and do not use content that people may complain about you;
5. You should have either a featured image or a video in your post, product, etc., to share posts on your Instagram account. Instagram requires an image or a video and does not accept simple text;
6. For sharing videos on Instagram, you should install "FFprobe" and "FFmeg" extensions on your server. If they are not installed, contact your hosting provider;
7. PHP EXIF must be installed and enabled. If you are not able to install it, contact your hosting provider;
8. Links are not clickable on Instagram Read more about Instagram rules
1. Use the Cookie method to add your account to the plugin
1. Go to FS Poster > Accounts > Instagram menu;
2. Click the ADD AN ACCOUNT button;
3. Select the Cookie method;
4. Open the Incognito tab on a browser (Chrome is recommended, and you can open the Incognito tab on Chrome by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N keys);
5. Log in to your Instagram account;
6. Press the F12 key on your keyboard and click the Application tab within the opened window;
7. Click the Cookies on the left menu;
8. Copy the csrftoken, ds_user_id, sessionid cookie values, and close the incognito tab without logging out from your account;
9. Paste the cookies to the dedicated inputs and click the ADD button;
10 Activate your account.
2. Use the login&pass method to add your account to the plugin
1. Go to FS Poster > Accounts > Instagram;
2. Click the ADD AN ACCOUNT button;
3. Select the Login & Password method;
4. Fill out your username and password of your Instagram account and click the ADD button;
5. Activate your account.
You might encounter consent or challenge required while adding your account using the Login & Password method. It means Instagram has sent a message to your number or email that you have added to your Instagram account. Simply follow the steps in the email or text message. Then try to add again. If it does not help, add your account using the cookie method.
After adding accounts, you just need to create your post. The plugin will do the rest for you.
You can also pin the post on Instagram when adding the account using the Login&pass method:
3. Use the App method to add your account to the plugin
Note: The Instagram account has to be a Professional (Business) account.
First, you must have a Facebook page connected to your Professional (Business) Instagram account. If you have many Instagram accounts, all Instagram accounts have to be connected to pages that account is an admin of the pages, and the App is created on this account.
Go to the Facebook page settings => Instagram menu to connect your page to the account:
After authorizing the Instagram account, refresh the page and review the connection:
Go to the Meta for Developers and then the My Apps menu. If you have not applied for the Meta for Developers so far, you will need to apply first to create Apps:
Create a new App:
Select the App type as Business:
Type a name that suits your Business and create the App:
In the App dashboard, you need to click the Set up buttons for the Instagram Graph API and then Facebook login:
Then go to the FS Poster Apps => Instagram menu to copy the Redirect URL:
And then paste it to the Facebook Login settings. Save changes:
Copy your App credentials:
And go to the Apps => Instagram menu to add a new Instagram App to the plugin:
Now, you can add your account using the App method. Activate your account and share posts automatically.
Sharing non-English characters on Instagram story
PHP image library uses font files to display letters correctly. The font file provided by the plugin supports many languages, but we cannot add a file that supports all languages because the plugin's size becomes larger. If you would like to share characters in your language, you either need to replace the font file provided below or find the font file for your language. The file we provide supports all languages, and its size is 22 MB, so we do not include it in the plugin by default.
You need to go to the \wp-content\plugins\fs-poster\App\Libraries\PHPImage\font folder and replace the arial.ttf file.
Note that you need to replace the file again after the plugin update because the default file will be restored during the update. The font file must have a .ttf extension, and it needs to be renamed as arial.ttf